Optimatics is a world leading provider of innovative and customized optimization solutions to the water industry.
Optimatics has been providing optimization solutions to the water industry since 1995. With over ten years of experience, Optimatics has built a considerable reputation working with major water undertakings in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
Optimatics’ mission is to create value by working with our clients to solve their complex problems.
Our Engineering, Research and Software Development teams specialize in solving some of the most cutting-edge and challenging problems in the water industry. Through experience in water and wastewater modeling, and the use of a range of artificial intelligence and data mining technologies, Optimatics has saved the water industry hundreds of millions of dollars over the past decade. In addition, Optimatics has enabled numerous water authorities to achieve greater efficiencies and improved processes for planning and operations.
In a world where society demands higher standards and accountability of the engineering profession, optimization is an essential step in providing quality solutions for your business. Utilizing optimization techniques as part of your every day activities allows work to be carried out with greater efficiency and confidence. Clients who work with Optimatics enjoy greater flexibility in their infrastructure and operations planning, with improved decision making abilities.
Optimatics’ major area of experience is in applying genetic algorithm (GA) technology to aid design and planning work for the water industry. The Optimatics Genetic Algorithm (OGA) has been continuously developed to meet the needs of our clients across the world. On more than 100 studies, our expert staff has customized the OGA software to meet our clients’ specific needs on problems as varied as:
- Water system master plans and capital improvement programs
- Main rehabilitation and replacement planning and asset management
- System reliability and redundancy and security of supply
- Operations optimization to minimize energy costs
- Water quality optimization for water age or disinfectant residuals
- Elimination of existing system deficiencies
- Optimized pipe flushing strategies
- Advanced pressure management to control leakage
- Sanitary and storm water collection system optimization
Optimatics has expanded in recent years to provide a wide range of services which include:
- General consulting in the water industry
- Water and Wastewater optimization
- Customized software development
- Collaborative research and development projects
- Education and training services