The H.0IL and Sm.Oil oil/water interface meters are used to accurately measure the thickness of floating products (LNAPL) above the water table. They will also detect and measure sinking layers of DNAPL. The H.01L with its slim probe 5/8in (13mm), is ideal for wells, piezometers and direct push equipment as narrow as 3/4in (19mm) ID. The probe and tape will withstand hydrocarbons, solvents and other contaminants. This unit is used by professionals involved with the monitoring and remediation of groundwater contaminated by oil products. The H.0IL and Sm.Oil interface meter is suitable for wells, boreholes, underground and above ground storage tanks.
H.0IL Oil/Water Interface Meter
Certified intrinsically safe the Heron H.OIL is the most popular interface meter on the market. Thousands of these instruments are being used by groundwater professionals worldwide. The Heron H.OIL interface meter is used to measure the thickness of floating or sinking hydrocarbon products in groundwater accurately, reliably, safely and economically.
The easy to read accurate (ASME standard) heavy duty Kynar® jacketed tape is accurate to 1/100 ft per 100 feet. Measure with confidence to 1/200 ft (1mm).
- Environmentally protected encapsulated circuit for durability on an easily removable modular electronic panel
- Easy field changeable probe
- Certified intrinsically safe to CSA and ANSI/UL standards
- Class 9098-01 for hazardous locations
- Class 9098-81 (USA) for hazardous locations
- Class I groups A, B, C and D
- Tefzel jacketed tape
- Tape lengths from 50ft(15m) to 1000ft(250m)
- Field support kit containing: One probe, wrenches, battery, panel nuts & cleaning brush
- Detects and measures LNAPL and DNAPL
- Certified intrinsically safe
- Slim 5/8 inch (13mm) field replaceable stainless steel probe. Probe has a non removable ¾ inch protector fitted as standard. (If 5/8 inch diameter probe is required please specify when ordering.)
- Able to measure product layer as thin as 1/200ft (1mm)
- Easy to read accurate (ASME Standard) Kynar® jacketed tape with stainless steel conductors. Graduation 1/100 ft (1mm)
- Standard tapes are printed beneath the jacketing. The print never wears off
- Unique flexible link between tape and probe designed to protect the tape. Should the probe become "hung up" in the well, the link will break saving the costly tape by sacrificing the replaceable probe
- Easy change single 9v battery
- Includes tough nylon carry bag and a comprehensive cleaning kit
- Probe holder/tape guide included
Sm.Oil - Oil/Water Interface Meter
Now certified intrinsically safe. Small size but big features. Heron’s small interface meter is an economical unit that will measure to 60ft (20m) below the top of the well, making it ideal for shallow wells or high water tables. The Sm.Oil interface meter measures the thickness of floating or sinking layers of hydrocarbon products in the groundwater. Many of these instruments are used by refineries, oil spill and remediation companies, land fills and site clean up projects.
Field support kit containing: 1 probe, wrenches, battery, panel nuts and cleaning brush.
- Small, light-weight, low-cost quality meter for use in shallower wells
- Certified intrinsically safe. (CSA & ANSI/UL)
- Easy to read accurate (ASME Standard) heavy duty Kynar® Jacketed tape with stainless steel conductors.(breaking load over 300lb)
- Tape length 60ft (20m)
- Powered by single 9 Volt Battery
- Carry bag included
- 3 year limited warranty, 1 year warranty on replaceable probe