Heron sets a new standard in water level meters, oil/water interface meters and ground water level data loggers.
Groundwater professionals have made Heron Instruments equipment their choice for short and long term monitoring of water levels in drinking water wells, monitoring wells and landfill leachate sites.
Heron is the trusted source for all your portable groundwater measuring equipment; making Heron the groundwater professionals’ choice for water level indicators.
Since 1995 Heron Instruments Inc. has grown to reach across the globe. Our products are available throughout North and South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We use state of the art design and the most up-to-date manufacturing technologies and combine them with high-tech materials to ensure Heron products that give years of dependable use.
The staff at Heron has more than forty years experience in design and manufacturing instruments. We’ve used them, worked in the field and understand the importance of quality and dependability. We’re constantly striving to improve our instruments and develop features that will result in longer use, fewer service requirements and enhanced reliability. It’s our ongoing commitment to perfection that has made Heron the “Instrument of Choice” for professionals world-wide.
Heron Instruments is one of the foremost designers and manufacturers of groundwater monitoring instrumentation. We’ve built our business and our reputation by developing rugged, dependable, accurate instruments that deliver precision and quality at a fair price, and supported by the best service in the industry.
The graduated steel tape method is considered to be the most accurate method for measuring the water level in non-flowing wells of moderate depth (less than 500 feet).
Ground-water-level measurements are used to determine hydraulic gradients, directions of flow, rates of flow, locations of ground-water recharge and discharge, the amount of water in storage, the change in storage over time, and aquifer hydraulic characteristics. Repeated measurements of water levels over time provide a history of water-level fluctuations that aids interpretation of water-quality and water-quantity data. For example, seasonal variations in recharge induced by pumping can cause changes in hydraulic gradients that may correspond to changes in water quality and water quantity.
Click here to learn how to measure your water level.
Dipper-T Water Level Meter
Herons top selling water level meter, #1 for accuracy, reliability and value.
The dipper-T water level meter has been designed to provide a long and reliable service life, we back up our claims with a 5 year warranty. Accuracy begins with a top quality, heavy duty tape. Each tape is tested by the manufacturer to ensure compliance with appropriate ASME standards. These tough tapes have a breaking load of over 300lbs (150 kilos). The tape is made from high tensile steel, ensuring resistance to stretching even at abnormal loads.
Everything on the unit from the ergonomic vinyl carry handle to the easy clean, full depth stainless steel probe has been carefully designed to give you the very best water level meter. And yes, this is a precision instrument and as such each unit includes a sturdy padded nylon carrying bag.
- Easy to read accurate (ASME Standard) heavy duty polyethylene jacketed tape with stainless steel conductors.
- All tape scales are printed beneath the jacketing ensuring long life and readability
- Full depth, easy clean stainless steel and Teflon® probe.
- Strong, flexible link attaches cascade-proof 5/8 inch (16mm) dia. probe to the tape, providing tape protection at this vital junction.
- Water and dust proof encapsulated electronics on a removable front panel that houses the single 9V battery drawer, audible and light signal, sensitivity control and circuit test button.
- Durable UV and high impact resistant engineered plastic reel with all stainless steel fittings
- "Third Hand" feature on casing allows unit to be suspended on well while test results are recorded
- Polyester coated steel frame with a comfortable ergonomic vinyl grip and large convenient reel lock.
- The standard tapes are marked in feet and 100th/ft or meters and mm
- Tape lengths available: 50ft, 100ft, 150ft and 200ft to 2500ft in steps of 100ft (15m, 30m, 50m, 100m, thereafter in 50m increments). Intermediate lengths are to special order.
- 5 year limited warranty
- Carrying bag and tape guide included
Note: 400ft (150m) and longer models have polyester coated aluminum reels for lightness
- Narrow 3/8 inch (10mm) dia probe available to order
- Kynar® and Tefzel® jacketed tape to special order
This rugged unit is intended for use in narrow tubes and piezometers. The tape on the skinny dipper is a narrow 0.24 inch x 0.133 inch (6.2 mm x 3.4 mm). The probe is 0.25 inch (6.25mm) diameter stainless steel. This thin section enables the skinny dipper to be used in tubes as narrow as 0.375 inch (9.5mm) internal diameter.
The high strength tape has two embedded stainless steel conductors. The graduations are printed under the polyethylene coating in feet x 0.01 ft (not available in metric) giving precision and durability.
The skinny dipper comes equipped with the fully encapsulated modular microprocessor based electronic panel. The skinny dipper is powered by one 9v battery and signals water with both audible buzzer and light including; touch button sensitivity control with digital indicator.
- Permanently marked graduations every ft and 1/100ft (not available in metric). No more sick on numbers coming off in the well
- Precise, high strength and less stretch to allow for more precise readings
- Easier to withdraw from the piezometer
- Corrosion proof