SEQUOX® BNR, ClarAtor® Clarifier technology and SR Diffuser access system combine the basic treatment elements of aeration, mixing and clarification to meet your specific treatment needs without compromising basic, sound engineering and biological treatment principles.
SEQUOX® Biological Nutrient Removal Process
Activated Sludge Process Provides Nutrient Removal with High Quality Treatment and Energy Savings
- Biological Nutrient Removal
- Ability to handle up to 4:1 sustained peak flows with ClarAtor clarifier technology
- Continuous clarification with sequencing aeration
- Operator friendly, low maintenance
- Selector tank promotes better settling characteristics
- Dedicated nitrification tank
- Sequencing without stopping blowers
- No moving parts below the water surface
- Superior effluent quality
The SEQUOX® Biological Nutrient Removal Process is a patented process and the latest innovation for biological nutrient removal from Aero-Mod.
SEQUOX (SEQUential OXidation) offers the benefits of sequencing aeration with the reliability of continuous clarification, resulting in consistently superior effluent quality with total nitrogen levels as low as 3-5 mg/L.
Phosphorus removal can be achieved by incorporating an anaerobic selector and/or chemical addition. The process is energy efficient and has a small footprint, lowering capital costs.
The SEQUOX® process incorporates the patented ClarAtor® clarifier technology, another low-maintenance, operator friendly solution featuring stainless steel and fiberglass components with no moving parts below the water. Its unique flow regulation system provides in-basin surge storage. In fact, the SEQUOX® process offers the ability to handle up to 4:1 sustained peak flows with no bypassing of untreated wastewater. Many collection systems encounter sustained peak flows during wet weather conditions. When infiltration and inflow is a problem, the SEQUOX-HF system offers high flow treatment capabilities.
ClarAtor® Clarifier Technology
The patented, low-maintenance, operator friendly ClarAtor provides clarification to the Aero-Mod System. It features no moving parts below the water, a uniform distribution of the influent, a uniform removal mechanism for sludge withdrawal, and the unique ability to regulate the effluent flow rate. This unique flow regulation system provides in-basin surge storage.
Stainless steel components, PVC piping, and aluminum handrails and walkways are easily installed into common-wall concrete tankage. This compact rectangular configuration reduces overall plant construction costs. The only operator attention typically required is periodic cleaning of the walkways and effluent discharge weirs.
ClarAtor® Clarifier Advantages:
- No mechanical equipment below water
- No motors, gears or electrical components
- Rapid and positive sludge withdrawal
- Effluent flow regulation
- Stainless steel fabrication
- Fiberglass fabrication
- No field welding or painting
- Minimal maintenance
- Applicable for a wide range of flows
Easy Diffuser Access
The Slide Rail Diffuser Access System is a patented system that provides simple access to the aeration diffusers. This flexible system can be used in a variety of applications, incorporating virtually any type of diffuser. The key to the SR Diffuser Access System is the ability to take a flexible, lightweight, PVC diffuser drop pipe and make it stationary by supporting it to a rigid, stainless steel guide rail.
Isolation and air control are provided by a ball valve on each assembly. Removal is achieved by loosening a stainless steel union and lifting up the lightweight assembly on guides. A permanently mounted slide rail of stainless steel, firmly bolted to the tank wall and floor provides rigidity.
SR Diffuser Access System Advantages:
- Access to the diffusers without turning off blowers or draining the tankage
- Eliminates the need for hoist or winching systems
- Access to individual drop pipes without affecting the entire aeration system
- Flexible system readily accepts most types of diffusers
- Connect to new or existing air pipes