Water Market Asia: Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Asia is the world`s most dynamic water market. Water Market Asia 2006 is your passport to this complex, thriving region. In-depth country profiles tell you all you need to know about water and wastewater market potential in Asia Pacific`s major economies,from its richest market, Japan, to its fastest growth market, China, through South East Asia and the Pacific to the enormous and slowly awakening market of the Indian Subcontinent.
Using the latest data and analysis, the report answers your questions:
- Which strategies have worked – or failed – for investors?
- What are the risks and how can you deal with them?
- What is the best approach to the competitive Chinese market?
- When will the Indian market open up?
- Is wastewater the next big thing?
- Where are the new opportunities in mature markets?
From the authors of ``Water Market China,`` this report brings you the very latest original data and research in a clear, comparative format. It brings together local and international expertise in 450 pages of the information and analysis you need to make the most of the region`s growth. National and comparative data is presented in 600 graphs and tables on all aspects of the sector.
The information: what`s in Water Market Asia
- See at a glance where the opportunities are, what the risks are and which fundamental forces are shaping Asia`s water market
- Comparative analysis of national markets identifies the core growth areas in terms of geography, technology and service type
- Extensive data on the water and wastewater sectors in each country is set in context by descriptive analysis
- Explains which forces are driving the development of the sector and what to expect in the next ten years
- In-depth analysis of corporate strategies for major international and regional players based on interviews with top practitioners looks at why some companies are rushing into Asia while others are withdrawing
- Financial and operational data shows who is thriving and who is struggling to stay in the game
Current and Future Projects:
- Details of more than 300 privately financed projects throughout the region led by local and international developers
- 90 forthcoming projects listed show where the sector is heading
Profiles of 72 international and regional companies
International Companies: AWG, Berlinwasser, Biwater, Earth Tech, GE, Passavant Roedinger, Siemens, Suez, Thames Water, United Utilities, VA Tech Wabag, Veolia, United Water Australia.
Chinese & Hong Kong Companies: Beijing Capital Company, Beijing Sound, China Everbright International Limited, China Evergreen Environmental Corp., China Water Company, Citic Pacific, Guangdong Investment Limited, Towngas (Hong Kong and China Gas Company), Interchina Holdings Company, Nanhai Developments, New World Development Company Ltd., Qianjiang Water Resources, Sino-French Water Company, Shanghai Industrial Holdings Limited, Shanghai Raw Water Supply Company, Tianjin Capital, Wuhan Sanzhen Industrial
Japanese Companies: Anhui Water Resources; Asahi Kasei Corp., Ebara Corporation, Kobelco Eco-Solutions, Kurita Water Industry, Maezawa Industries, Obayashi Corp., Organo Corp., Suido Kiko Kaishi Limited, Tsukishima Kikai Company
Australian Companies: Australian Water Services; CDS Technologies, Environmental Group, Ludowici, QED Occtech Limited, Transfield Services, United Group
Regional Companies: Asia Environment Holdings Limited; Asia Water Technology Limited; Bio-Treat Technology Limited; Boustead; Brite Technology, Darco Water; Dayen Environmental, East Water, Eco Water, Hyflux, Intan Utilities, Jaks Resources, Keppel Corp., Multi-CON Systems Limited, Manila Water Company Inc, PBA Holdings, Pjbumi Berhad, Puncak Niaga Holdings, Ranhill Utilities, Salcon, Sembcorp Industries, Sinomem Technology, TWIC, United Envirotech, WWE Holdings, YTL Power.
In-depth profiles of 20 markets throughout the Asia-Pacific: Australia, Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Nepal, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam
Each profile includes:
- Data and analysis on economic fundamentals, key risks and the investment environment
- The water market: structure, policy, financing and private participation
- The wastewater market: structure, policy, financing and private participation
- Key institutions and regulations
- List of current and future projects with private financing
Global Water Intelligence
Click here to see all Global Water Intelligence News