SpinTek offers foul-resistant, high-shear filtration system for parts bath solutions
Speedy™ Rotating Ceramic Ultrafilter
Speedy™ by SpinTek solves filtration problems associated with high temperature, highly alkaline process streams and metal working fluids. This compact, high shear Rotating Ceramic Ultrafilter (RCU) significantly extends bath life in a typical metalworking or parts shop. Speedy features a rapidly spinning eleven-inch ceramic membrane disk to generate shear that is orders of magnitude greater than conventional UF systems. This powerful rotational shear prevents fouling and provides high, very stable system throughput. As a result, Speedy promotes longer bath life by effectively maintaining viable bath chemistries.
SpinTek`s high-shear, Rotating Ceramic Ultrafilter is proven superior in treating highly viscous waste streams that were previously considered untreatable. Its ceramic membrane is easily removed for quick cleaning and inspection — simply removes a few bolts and sponge off the ceramic membrane disk. The result is dramatically reduced downtime and maintenance costs, savings on bath solutions, and cleaner parts. Speedy requires minimal operator assistance and the small footprint saves space in facilities where floor space is at a premium.
- Improves performance, significantly decreases downtime, and extends bath life
- Quick release clamp facilitates fast, easy opening of unit for membrane cleaning and maintenance
- Single disk ceramic membrane withstands heat, high pH
- Powerful rotational shear prevents fouling and provides high, very stable system throughput
- Available in multiple disk configurations
- Virtually foul-resistant with especially oily or sludgy streams
- Spinning eleven-inch ceramic disk generates shear that is orders of magnitude greater than conventional UF systems
- Concentrates waste and process streams previously considered untreatable
- Costs up to 75% less than competitive ultrafiltration technologies
- Small footprint eliminates floor space cramping
Highly Effective Membranes
SpinTek has spent nearly three decades in the research and development of its ceramic membranes and centrifugal systems. Formed from a fine, ceramic nanopowder, the SpinTek membranes better resist fouling from oily and sludgy materials. Combined with high shear that is orders of magnitude greater than conventional UF systems, Speedy`s ceramic membranes allow the system to process a wide variety of viscous solutions containing moderate to high solids.
Speedy is available in a single disk configuration that is especially well-suited for operations with parts baths of 350 gallons or less. For larger volumes, Speedy is available in multiple disk configurations. The five-disk Speedy unit can process up to 1,500 gallons per day. Speedy`s low cost combined with savings from reduced maintenance and downtime brings a quick return on investment.
Ceramic™ Td Unique Ceramic Membrane by SpinTek
The SpinTek Td ceramic membrane offers a new tool for the separation of micro-sized solids from liquid, gas and air influent. The unique Td membrane starts as a 185 micron thick stainless steel substrate and then a thin (15 micron) nanopowder coating of ceramic Is bonded to the substrate. The ceramic coating has a smooth surface that resists fouling which occurs with conventional ``depth`` type ceramic membranes. The Td ceramic membrane is available in pore sizes as small as 0.07 microns and as large as 0.8 microns. The base ceramic of the Td membrane is titanium dioxide (TiO2) manufactured from nano-sized ceramic powders. This can be blended with either zirconia or with a composite of alumina and silica dioxide depending on the intended service.
Ceramic Membrane Sizes
The SpinTek Td ceramic membrane is available in square sheets 285 mm (11.2″) x 285 mm (11.2″). Larger sheets are available by precision welding standard Td sheets together. Standard circular and rectangular configurations are available and custom configurations can be laser cut to meet most needs. The Td ceramic membrane can also be rolled to a minimum dimension of 10 mm (3/8″) without damaging the membrane surface.
The Td ceramic membrane can be used in the SpinTek ST-II and Speedy rotary microfiltration applications. Our engineers can also custom design and fabricate specific membrane modules for most applications.
- 0.07 to 0.8 micron pore sizes can be specified
- 100% membrane stability in highly alkaline and solvent environments
- Operationally stable to 300°C in air and up to 800°C in an inert or reducing atmosphere
- Smooth membrane surface resists fouling
- Tight mean pore diameter for precise filtration
- Excellent performance in oil/water separation applications
- Titanium substrate available
- Resistant to bacterial attack
- Can be sterilized with live steam