Metal Products: Super Conducting Wire, Heat Transfer, Signal Transmission, Industrial Machinery, Electrical Conductivity, Stainless Steel, Welding Electrodes, Sanitary Tubes, Radiator Strips, Heat Exchanger
Outokumpu is an international stainless steel and technology company. Our vision is to be the undisputed number one in stainless, with success based on operational excellence. Customers in a wide range of industries – from the process industry and industrial machinery to building, construction and electrical industry, transportation, electronics and information technology, as well as catering and households– use our metal products, technologies and services worldwide. We are dedicated to helping our customers gain competitive advantage. We call this promise the Outokumpu factor.
ELECTRICAL CONDUCTIVITY, HEAT EXCHANGER, STAINLESS STEEL, SUPER CONDUCTING WIRE
Outokumpu operates in some 40 countries and employs 19 500 people. In 2004, the group`s total sales amounted to EUR 7.1 billion, of which 95% was generated outside Finland. The Group`s headquarters is located in Espoo, Finland. The parent company, Outokumpu Oyj, has been listed on the Helsinki stock exchange since 1988. Outokumpu is an international stainless steel and technology company. Outokumpu`s vision is to be the undisputed number one in stainless steel, with success based on operational excellence. To this end, Outokumpu has defined two key strategic objectives: ``Value creation through building superior production and distribution capabilities in all major markets globally`` and ``Value realization through production and commercial excellence``. The ultimate goal is to secure a significant and sustained increase in shareholder value. The Outokumpu factor encourages us to discover the factor that will make a difference to your business. We have embedded our brand concept into something we have opted to call the ``Outokumpu factor``. It is the competitive advantage we give our customers by helping them enhance the performance of their processes, products and services. It is a factor our customers rely on to help them overcome even the most demanding challenges - a hidden asset that helps them win. Through years of experience, we understand that the needs of our customers and those of their customers are constantly evolving, and that we must adapt to meet them.
We can help our customers to meet their challenges, make the imaginable possible. We don`t just sell stainless steel, copper or technology – we supply the very best in performance enhancing metals and technology. There are numerous cases – some of them below – that exemplify our ability to give our customers a competitive advantage. Each case addresses our customer`s challenge, how we worked as a partner to overcome that challenge, and the benefits the customer experienced as a result. These cases are introduced e.g. at our website and advertising including:
- stainless steel to improve the performance of the world renowed padre arrupe bridge in Bilbao, Spain
- high tensile strength stainless steel to improve the performance of leading vehicle manufacturers` fleets
- stainless steel to improve the performance of the world`s leading wine and champagne producers
- copper to improve the heat exchanger performance of the world`s toughest heavyduty vehicles
- copper to improve the performance of the world`s most powerful medical imaging equipment
- ground breaking technology to improve the performance of the world`s leading metal manufacturers
The world needs metals. In our business as both a producer of metals and metal products and a supplier of technology, Outokumpu is committed to responsible metals production and to contributing all our expertise to help meet this need. We believe that today and in the future only those metals producers who operate responsibly can be successful. Environmental protection has by tradition been an integral part of our everyday operations.
- in our production we apply efficient and environmentally sound technology
- it is the duty of every unit and every Outokumpu employee to strive to continuously improve our production methods, work practices and products in order to reduce the impact of our operations on the environment.
- we apply the same operating principles everywhere
- we are committed to meeting all conditions of our operating licenses
We acknowledge our responsibility for the environment and want to operate in harmony with our community.
- we communicate openly about our activities
- we provide information to our customers about the environmental aspects of our production and use of our products
- we try to ensure that all Outokumpu people, suppliers and subcontractors are familiar with our objectives and act accordingly
- we participate in the development of technology and the drafting of new legislation with the objective of promoting good operating practices in our industry
These are the core values and business principles which all Outokumpu Group companies share and on which they build their own further operating plans and environmental programs. Our businesses span the stainless and copper areas. Stainless steel is the fastest growing metal market across the world. In this market we are well positioned: one of the world`s four largest producers, and also widely recognized as world leaders in technical support, research and development. We make use of the superior properties of copper: heat transfer, electrical conductivity and signal transmission. These properties are needed in developing energy production, communications, cooling and air-conditioning systems, as well as building and construction in the modern society. In fabricated copper products we are the second largest producer with over 10% global market share. Production plants are located in 15 countries. Main products include ACR tubes, radiator strips, strips for connectors, sanitary tubes, roofing and architectural products and welding electrodes. Production has been shifted to higher value-added products, such as components for electrical and air-conditioning and heat exchanger appliance manufactures and super conducting wire.