Compression Connection, Resilient Wedge Valves, Tie Rods, Anchor Couplings, Separate Gland Type Restraints, Stab Fit System, Plastic Washer, Polyethylene Pipe, Pipe Pullout
The AquaGrip™ System-an innovative compression connection with integral restraint.
- Easy to install without special tools or skills.
- Accepts ductile iron, PVC or PE water pipe without disassembly, modification for changing any parts.
- Stab in pipe end and tighten bolts until special nuts snap away, a visual indication the connection is leak tight and fully restrained.
- This Mueller® exclusive helps to reduce labor and inventory costs. Available as an option on Mueller Centurion® Fire Hydrants and Resilient Wedge Valves.
When you say yes to this unique, new technology, you can say no to many of the costly and time consuming aspects of ordinary ``add-on`` style restraints when installing compression-type connections. The AquaGrip Connection includes both the compression connection and the restraint system in one convenient, quick installation package. This eliminates the need for tie rods, anchor couplings or separate gland-type restraints.
SAY NO TO OUTDATED METHODS
- No disassembly required. AquaGrip™ is a stab-fit system.
- No special tools or torquing required. Simply tighten the bolts with an ordinary wrench until the top half of the nut breaks away. A plastic washer on the nut assures that the wrench engages the nut properly.
- No dual inventory of components to accommodate ductile iron, PVC or polyethylene. AquaGrip fittings are used with all three types of pipe.
- No liner required for polyethylene pipe (up to and including DR17).
- No pipe end preparation. Works with plain end pipe.
- No special field conditions required for installation.
- The AquaGrip System can be installed in wet conditions, even under water.
- No point loading of pipe. The AquaGrip gripper ring provides contact around the entire pipe circumference to provide uniform restraint against pipe pullout.
- Ductile iron (all hydrants, valves, couplings and adapters except 3`` coupling and adapters, which are currently for PE and PVC only)
- C900 PVC pipe DR 18 and 14
- Polyethylene pipe SDR17, 13.5, 11, 9 and 7 (without a support liner)
- Designed to meet the performance requirements of
- ASTM F1674, WIS 4-24-01 Type 2 and ISO 14236.2.
- Maximum working pressure up to 250 psig.
Click here to view a video presentation.