Water Quality Monitoring & Testing
Water Treatment: Purification, Solutions & Services
Every single being in our planet need water to sustain life. Considering the fact, that water is vital for life, it is important that we conserve water. We use water for basic purposes such as drinking, cooking, cleaning and many other things. Statistics show that an average American uses 150-200 gallon of water daily. Small and large-scale industries use water largely to generate electricity, manufacture things etc. Hence, water monitoring and testing, recycling and purification become extremely important.
If you are looking for water treatment solutions and services, we at IDS Water have them all, including a wide variety of services for water testing and monitoring. We are devoted to provide you with the best services and consultation required for water quality monitoring and water testing. We can connect you to our clients who are experts in providing water treatment solutions and services.
We have an extended network of trained suppliers and vendors nationwide and worldwide. The years of experience and knowledge that they have on the different aspects of water treatment services and facilities are worthwhile. Water testing kits can be availed from our suppliers and vendors extensively. To know more about the different aspects of water treatment solutions and services, keep reading the well-assorted articles that we have in our IDS Water website.
The Need for Water Treatment Solutions & Services
Water treatment solutions and services are necessary because of the extent to which we use water in our daily lives and the extent to which water gets recycled for our use. Various chemicals and purifiers are used for water purification. To put things in perspective, daily usage of water can be broken down as follows:
- Washing machines on an average use around 25 gallons of water per load.
- While flushing your toilet, you use up 5 gallons of water approximately.
- It roughly takes 30-40 gallons of water per bath.
- Daily activities in kitchen use around 20 gallons of water for cooking and washing dishes collectively.
- We use a considerable amount of water for watering lawns, flowers and vegetables.
- Farmers use water for their crops and it is from them that we get our everyday staple food.
- We use water for washing cars, cleaning compounds etc.
Water is used for many activities in our day-to-day life and one cannot do away with water by any stretch of imagination. The interesting fact is that the same water has been recycled and used by generations who have lived. Thus, it is important to keep a track of the water that we use. Water testing and water treatment becomes very important since water has been recycled for ages.
Water Quality Parameters: Monitoring & Testing
There are various water quality parameters based on which water monitoring and testing is done. People use different methods and instruments to determine the water quality parameters. There are high-end techniques to measure the water quality parameters one can always rely on, These can be listed is follows:
- Temperature: Aquatic life depends on the temperature of water. Different organisms and plants have different temperature needs. Most of the aquatic organisms are cold blooded and they need a temperature corresponding to their body temperature. A change in the temperature of water can bring about several consequences to the aquatic life. Photosynthesis might get affected, affecting the rest of the aquatic life simultaneously. Bacteria tend to grow more in warm water while cold water is good for fish and other aquatic lives. Measuring the temperature is an important parameter of water quality testing.
- Dissolved Oxygen: Water testing involves finding out the amount of oxygen present in a given water sample. In water quality monitoring and testing, oxygen is extremely important for aquatic life and high amount of dissolved oxygen means a healthy water body. It is important for water bodies to maintain the amount of dissolved oxygen. Generally, the presence of microorganisms has a negative impact on the amount of dissolved oxygen present in a water body. They use up dissolved oxygen in order to decompose organic materials. Most of the oxygen comes from plants in the water, through the process of photosynthesis. Thus, having aquatic plants is important to retain the amount of dissolved oxygen in water.
- Acidity (pH): The acidity or pH is an important parameter for water quality testing. The pH is a measure of the acidity of water, which ranges from 0 to 14 with 7 being neutral. Water generally has a pH range between 6.5-8.5. Water with pH of 7 is considered healthy for our body as well as for aquatic lives. If water becomes too acidic or too basic, it can have adverse effect on the aquatic life.
- Turbidity: Light is an important parameter in water quality testing. Photosynthesis by aquatic plants depends on the light penetrating through water. The penetration depends on the turbidity or clarity of water. Excess of soil erosion can be a huge problem in terms of the turbidity of water as the water looses it clarity. Moreover, groundwater contamination can be a big reason for turbidity of water as well. Hence, all aquatic lives dependent on light get affected adversely. Thus, turbidity is an important parameter in water quality monitoring and testing.
Importance of Water Quality Monitoring & Testing
Water purification is very important. Water sustains life and the water that we use in our everyday life should be monitored and tested for water purification. Monitoring and testing of water will help us to keep a track of water pollution and contamination. We can control water contamination to a huge extent by water testing and water monitoring. Different water bodies have different levels of contamination level. Water testing and wastewater treatment can be used for monitoring the changes in water and treating them both locally and globally.
We at IDS Water have all the water quality monitoring and testing facilities and much more. We have an extensive network of suppliers and vendors nationwide and worldwide. If you are looking for services on water testing or consultation, IDS Water will provide you with it. We look forward to connect you to our suppliers and vendors who are experts in providing water treatment solutions and services.
Tags: Water Testing Kits, Water Quality Testing, Monitoring, Purification, Treatment, Solutions, Services, Acidity, Turbidity, Contamination, Quality Parameters, Contaminants, Radiochemical Analysis, Iron Bacteria, Suppliers, Vendors, Recycled, Analysis, Purifiers, Purification, Groundwater, Chemical, IDS Water, Pollution, Supplier, vendor