Water Flow Monitoring Equipment & Meters
Water Treatment & Quality: Air & Turbine Flow Meter
Flow monitoring equipment such as a flow meter is a very important tool in water quality measurement. Water flow measurement inside a pipe, tank or any other water resources is important. Quantification of water flow is also very important. A flow meter is used to do this. Water flow measurement plays a very important role in modern day water treatment solutions and services.
Water resources are very important and sustain life. Without water, the earth will lose it lifeline. Water is used for various purposes, which includes drinking, cleaning, washing, bathing, farming, watering plants etc. In fact agriculture depends a lot on water and, conservation of water is essential. Water is our lifeline and every living being is dependent on water consumption. Water purification and water treatment is equally important. Water purification is done by various methods of water testing, water quality and flow monitoring equipment. A flow meter is essentially used for quantification of water flow, which can be useful in various things.
If you are looking for suppliers and vendors for flow meters and flow monitoring equipment manufacturers, at IDS Water we have them all. We also offer a wide variety of services and solutions for water testing and flow monitoring equipment. We look forward to provide you with the best services and consultation required for water flow measurement, management and equipment.
We have a well-assorted network of people suppliers and vendors across the country and worldwide. Go through our directory on the IDS Water website to connect with various suppliers and vendors for water quality and water flow monitoring equipment. You can get reliable costs and quotes from the various suppliers and vendors through our directory. To know more about water flow measurement and flow meters continue reading!
Flow Monitoring Equipment: Flow Meters, Pressure Control & Valve
The fundamental question that might arise: Why use flow meters and flow monitoring equipment for water quality treatment? There are numerous reasons as to why flow monitoring equipment is essential in our daily life. Water resources are crucial to daily life and one should use it judiciously.
An average American uses 150-200 gallon of water daily. Washing machines on an average use around 25 gallons of water per load. When flushing your toilet, you use up 5 gallons of water approximately. It takes around 30-40 gallons of water per bath.
Having the knowledge of the amount of water being used for purposes other than for drinking water is necessary. It gives us an idea of the amount of water that can be saved. The allocation of water is also important. One cannot have surplus amount of drinking water without being accountable to it. The types of flow control valve such as: flow meter, turbine flow meter, air flow meter, control valve, flow valve and hydraulic flow valve are essential to measure the amount of water that one uses. A flow control valve keeps an account of the usage of water and helps in its water quality management.
Flow Meter & Flow Monitoring Equipment Specifications
A flow meter is essentially an instrument or a device used to measure the linear, non-linear mass flow rate or volumetric flow rate of a liquid or gas. There are certain requirements of a flow meter and one should look for certain aspects while installing a liquid flow meter:
- Look into the kind of fluid that needs flow measurement. It could be liquid or gas. In addition to that, different types of liquids have different specifications depending on its viscosity. It’s important to know all those parameters.
- You need to see if you just need the quantification of your liquid flow or you need rate flow measurement as well. If you need the rate flow measurement, then you need to get a rate flow measurement meter along with flow meter.
- The liquid viscosity is important to know. Know the kind of liquid that you are going to measure. Is it water or something else? It’s essential to get a flow meter corresponding to the kind of liquid viscosity that is going to be used.
- You need to check if the fluid is clean or not. There may be contaminants in the fluid that might change the liquid viscosity. This might result in wrong readings at times. It’s important to see to it that the fluid is free of contaminants. It’s better to have some kind of basic contaminants filters, before your fluid reaches the flow meter.
- One should know the maximum and minimum flow rate of a flow meter. One should have the flow rate of liquid in control, in accordance to the maximum and minimum flow rate of a flow meter.
- Knowing the process temperature and pressure control is important. The flow of liquid and gases depend on the temperature and pressure control. Knowing the maximum and minimum temperature and pressure control of the flow meter can be useful.
- The water flow depends on the size of the pipe. The thumb of rule is that, the wider the radius of a pipe, the lesser will be its flow rate. In other words, the flow rate of the flow valve is inversely proportional to the radius of the pipe. You can have a better idea of the flow rate and use of the flow control valve by looking into the pipe.
- The chemical compatibility of the flow meter with the liquid are important parameters. In certain cases, the chemical nature of the liquid might cause damage to the flow meter. One needs to make sure that the flow meter is compatible to the nature of liquid that flows through it. Else corrosion, rusting etc, can affect the performance of the flow meter.
There are different kinds of flow meters available today. These include: turbine flow meters, air flow meter, irrigation flow meters, digital flow meters, electronic flow meters, turbine flow meters etc. Select from different flow meters depending on your needs. You might have to use a flow meter for commercial purposes or household purposes. You need to set your specifications for the different purposes.
If you are looking for flow monitoring equipment, at IDS Water we have it all and more. We provide a wide range of services and solutions in water testing, water quality and water treatment field. Our primary goal is to connect you with reliable water treatment suppliers and vendors at reasonable costs.
To know more about the different flow monitoring equipment and water quality solutions and services, read the articles that we have in our IDS Water website. Browse through our directory of vendors and suppliers for reliable costs and quotes.
Tags: Water Flow Monitoring Equipment, Air Flow Meter, Meters, Flow Measurement, Turbine, Solutions, Services, Water Treatment, Water Quality, Flow Control Valve, Valve, Pressure Control, Water Purification, Suppliers, Vendors, Costs, Quotes, Vendor, Supplier