Construction Management: Water Treatment Plant Design
Water Quality Construction: Pre-Chlorination, Aeration & Filtration
To safeguard the water quality of water resources, public and private agencies are placing importance on construction of water treatment plant on various scales. From filtration, disinfection, desalination to reverse osmosis systems, proper and efficient construction management is required.
Water treatment companies provide constructability reviews, site inspection and geotechnical support services while setting up a water treatment plant. Water treatment companies usually have a construction management team offering expert solutions while installation of water treatment plants of any scale.
If you are looking for water treatment companies that have an expert construction management team then we at IDS Water have everything you need. Our aim is to connect our clients to many vendors who are reputed in distribution of all kinds of water technology related testing and components. Not just that professional consultants for all your water treatment plant construction management needs are also associated with us.
We are known for having an extensive network of trained, expert, independent and authorized suppliers’ network in the country and worldwide. Before you go through our supplier directory we’re sure that you want to know more about design and construction management. Continue reading this article to know more about construction management.
Importance of Construction of Water Treatment Plant
Constructing real world solutions in today's environmental and geotechnical challenges requires more than efficient project delivery. This requires innovation. These days many professional water treatment plant construction companies understand that not just a solution should be designed. But also how to build it in a way that meets operational, business and community objectives should be identified.
Water treatment companies have a construction management team for efficient execution of the water treatment plant. The importance of proper construction management are as stated below:
- Save Time: It saves time by addressing construction considerations in the earliest phases of a project. This helps in creating shorter implementation schedules and eliminating administration of a separate construction bid phase for the water treatment plant.
- Cost Effective: Construction management is cost effective because it helps in improving project team communication, reducing change orders and extra work orders, and early identification of design errors and omissions.
- Improve Quality and Innovation: It helps in improving quality and innovation. This is possible only of a dedicated design and construction team works hand in hand throughout the execution of the water treatment plant.
- Reduce Risk: It reduces risk of any claims and litigations by understanding and resolving water treatment plant construction challenges early on.
- Experienced Business Partner: Construction management team brings along with them years of experience in the construction and execution of water plants. They not just guide their clients through the construction process but also ensures that they meet safety, environmental, community and business goals by performing work in the following areas:
- Sediment remediation
- Ex-situ & In-situ remediation system design, installation and operation
- Optimization or up gradation to existing remediation systems
- Ex-situ & In-situ stabilization of soil
- Construction of barriers for containment and other substances
- Engineered barriers and land capping
- Remediation of soil and groundwater
- Facility demolition, decontamination and closure
- Turnkey foundation for design and construction
- Tunnel and shaft for design and construction
- Application of trenchless technology
- Geotechnical forensic, environmental investigation and rehabilitation
Construction Management & Water Treatment Plants
These days there are very few water resources available that provide clean and safe drinking water. The importance of installing water treatment plants with the help of adequate construction management has become necessary.
Water treatment can be defined as an industrial scale process for industrial, medical or drinking water. Water treatment plants ideally remove water contaminants or help in reducing its concentration as per regulated standards. This makes drinking water more suitable for consumption and use.
Water treatment processes are ways to rid water of contaminants to make it fit as drinking water. These may be solid separation using physical processes such as filtration and settling, and chemical processes such as coagulation and disinfection. The following water treatment is various types of EPA approved water quality improvement systems available in the market:
- Carbon Filtration
- Neutralizing Filtration
- Ozone Disinfection
- Pot Feeders or Chemical Feed Pumps
- Ceramic Filters
- Membrane Filtration
- Ion Exchange Demineralization
- Ion Exchange Softening
- Ion Exchange Resins
- Iron or Oxidizing Filtration
- Reverse Osmosis
- Sand Filtration
- Sediment Filtration
- Ultra-violet Sterilization
- Cartridge Filtration
Construction Management and Water Treatment Process
Different water treatment systems have different processes. , Ideally a combination is selected from the following water treatment process worldwide:
- Pre-Chlorination: This process is used to control algae and for containing any biological growth in water.
- Aeration: This process along with pre-chlorination removes dissolved iron and manganese from water.
- Coagulation: This is used for flocculation.
- Coagulant Aids (Polyelectrolytes): This process helps in improving coagulation and for thicker floc formation.
- Sedimentation: This process is used to separate solids and remove suspended solids that are trapped in the floc.
- Filtration: This process aims at removal of any particles from the water
- Desalination: This process helps in removal of salt from water
- Disinfection: This process help in killing bacteria from water.
For any type of water there is no unique drinking water treatment solution. Also, it is difficult to standardize treatment solution by categorizing water from different resources. Water treatment for safe drinking water needs to be studied for all water resources in different seasons. With proper construction management, the water treatment company will surely arrive at the most appropriate quality process for you.
Construction Management & Water Treatment Companies
Water treatment companies manage water from a sustainable development perspective while listening to and providing customers with appropriate solutions. Professional water treatment companies strive to deliver water purification solutions of impeccable water quality. They also focus on improving its taste, to increase retail customer satisfaction. In order to do so, water treatment companies place high emphasis on construction management.
Water taken from the natural environment is public property. Its conservation, protection and regulation fall under the purview of public authorities. Water treatment companies support and lent their expertise to all types of public authorities for superior water purification expertise. They deploy all techniques necessary to ensure that drinking water complies with national and international health and water quality standards.
Water treatment companies provide constructability reviews, site inspection and geotechnical support services while setting up a water treatment plant. Professional water treatment companies provides the following:
- They provide specific responses to the challenges each public authority faces. They assist in design and construction of customized facilities for water and wastewater treatment. They then operate these water treatment plant facilities, often under public and private partnership contracts.
- They meet the expectations of industrial clients by operating all or part of their water treatment plants. This enables them to concentrate on their core design and construction management.
- They provide a range of tailored water treatment and quality technological solutions to improve the performance and competitiveness of its clients.
We can conclude that with proper construction management the right water treatment plant and process can be installed. We at IDS Water have all the facilities and much more to connect you to the right water treatment companies. So what are you waiting for? Just browse through our directory for details of numerous prospective suppliers and vendors to meet all your construction management requirements.
Tags: Construction Management, Water Treatment Plant, Water Quality, Resources, Reverse Osmosis, Desalination, Membrane, Filtration, Disinfection, Sediment, Coagulation, Installation, Contaminants, Remediation, Decontamination, Facilities, Suppliers, Vendors, Supplier, Vendor