Chemicals: Water Treatment Purifiers & Filters
Water Treatment Chemicals & Chemical Suppliers
The use of chemicals for water treatment is essential. Various chemical suppliers and chemical companies provide you with options to use chemicals of your choice. Water is vital for life and it is important for us to conserve water. We use water for basic purposes such as drinking, cooking, cleaning and many other things. Water is abundantly found on the earth's crust in the form of rivers, lakes, ponds and oceans. With the rising population, the level of contamination of water bodies is increasing as well. Thus, it is important to not only conserve water but put a check on the water quality parameters as well. Water treatment purifiers and filters are widely use for water management and testing.
Various chemicals are used to treat contaminated water. If you are looking for chemical suppliers in water treatment solutions and services, we at IDS Water have them all. We also offer a wide variety of services for water testing and monitoring. We look forward to provide you with the best services and consultation on water monitoring and water testing..
We have a huge network of trained dealers with years of experience on water treatment services and facilities. Water testing kits and chemicals can be availed from our chemical suppliers. Register with us and we will connect you to our network of dealers and suppliers at the best costs and quotes. To know more about the chemicals used for water treatment and purification, read the articles in our IDS Water website.
Chemicals Used For Water Treatment & Water Quality Parameters
Chemicals are added to drinking water with the view to reduce waterborne diseases and to improve the aesthetic quality of the water in addition to reverse osmosis. Any chemical used in drinking water should have a definite outcome and should not be injurious to public health. In addition to water treatment purifiers and filters, there are several chemical treatment processes, which have many applications. Listed below are a few of them:
- Control algae in algae suitable environments.
- Remove turbidity and color of contaminated water.
- Remove microorganisms from contaminated water.
- Remove algal metabolites and other pollutants from water.
- Reduce organic matter in water treatment plants.
- Reduce the concentration of substances such as iron, manganese and other elements.
- Remove pesticides and herbicides from affected water.
- Control taste and odor of polluted water.
- Reduce the hardness of water and soften it.
- Control the acidity of water by controlling the pH.
- Disinfect water from various pollutants.
- Control corrosion by purifying and treating water.
Advantages of Chemicals for Water Quality Parameters, Treatment & Purification
There are various advantages of using chemicals for water treatment and purification. While the traditional methods of water purification such as boiling and filtering are safe, it is not always easy to boil and filter water at the initial levels of water purification. The use of chemicals in addition to reverse osmosis has its own merits and demerits, which can be listed as follows:
- The use of chemicals is highly popular due to its effectiveness in treating bacteria and viruses. It maintains water quality parameters. Treating bacteria and viruses by the traditional methods is not an easy task. Boiling and filtering might not kill all the bacteria and viruses at the initial stage. Hence, the use of chemicals in water resources is largely popular because of this.
- Commonly used chemical water treatments are chlorine, iodine and oxidizing agents. Chlorine is bleach but it is assumed to be safe if used in small quantities. Chlorine purifies the water and makes it usable.
- Chemicals are used to reduce the contamination of water. Water is contaminated due to various reasons such as industrial pollution, soil erosion, herbicides, pesticides etc. Chemicals can be used to remove such contaminations and pollutants from water, thus making it safer for use.
- Chemicals are used to restore the acidity and alkalinity of water. Water gets affected in many ways and looses it acidity. In the pH scale, the pH level of healthy water should be near 7. Anything below and above 7 can result in the water being basic or acidic, which can be harmful for human consumption. Chemical water treatment can help you circumvent such shortcoming. Various chemical companies manufacture chemicals based on the pH of water.
- Chemicals are used to disinfect microbiological organisms as they can use up the dissolved oxygen in water, which can be harmful for a water body. Chemical water treatment gives you the advantage of having microbiological organisms in control, which is essential for a healthy water body.
- Corrosion due to water is very common. The iron content of water can make the water hard and it can be highly corrosive in nature. From the drinking point of view, iron rich water makes it hard for people to digest food, thus causing a considerable amount of health concerns. Chemical water treatment can help reduce the iron content in water, in addition to the removal of several undesirable compounds. Thus, chemicals make water safe for human consumption.
The use of chemicals has its own merits and demerits. While the merits have been discussed largely in the above given section, it would be rather unfair not to the discuss the demerits as well. Excess use of chlorine in water can cause problems like dry skin, irritation in the skin and eye irritation. The use of chemicals such as hydrogen peroxide can cause irritation to the eyes, skin, lungs and mucous membranes. High level of hydrogen peroxide can be carcinogenic to humans and animals as well.
We at IDS Water have all the chemical treatment facilities and much more. We have an extensive network of dealers and suppliers nationwide and worldwide. So, if you are looking for services on chemical water treatment, IDS Water will provide you with all the consultation and assistance. We look forward to connect you to our dealers and suppliers at the best costs and quotes for water treatment solutions and services.
Tags: Chemicals, Chemical Suppliers, Chemical Companies, Pool Chemicals, Water Testing, Water Quality Testing, Wastewater Treatment, Dissolved Oxygen, Water Testing Kits, Monitoring, Contamination, Water Purification, Purifiers, Chemicals, Pollution, Contamination, Conservation, Treatment, Inorganic constituents, Suppliers, vendors, costs, quotes