Wastewater Treatment Plant, Process & Companies
To maintain and protect water quality of various water resources has become the need of the hour. Thus many public and private agencies are placing absolute importance on construction of wastewater treatment plant on various scales. From UV disinfection systems, percolation basins, solids handling facilities to odor control systems, construction of any of these wastewater treatment plants does require efficient construction management.
Various wastewater treatment companies offer constructability reviews, site inspection and geotechnical support services while installing a wastewater treatment plant. These wastewater treatment companies have a construction management team that provides expert solutions while setting up wastewater treatment plants of any scale.
Thus if you are looking to seek assistance of wastewater treatment companies that have an expert construction management team then we at IDS Water have it all and much more. Our goal is to connect you to numerous suppliers and vendors who are reputed in distribution of all kinds of water technology related testing and components. Not just that professional vendors for your entire wastewater treatment plant construction management consultancy are also associated with us. However, before you go through our supplier and consultant directory we are sure that you would want to understand construction management better. Continue reading this article to know more about construction management.
Importance of Construction Management for Wastewater Treatment Plant
In today's environmental and geotechnical challenges, constructing real world solutions requires more than efficient and proper project delivery. It requires innovation. These days many professional water treatment plant construction companies understand that not just a solution should be designed, but also how to build it in a way that meets operational, business and community objectives should be identified. Therefore, wastewater treatment companies have a construction management team for efficient installation and execution of wastewater treatment plant.
Wondering why should you place importance on proper construction management? Well the reasons for the same are stated below:
- Saves Time: Proper construction management saves time by identifying and addressingconstruction concerns in the earliest phases of a project. This helps in developing shorter implementation schedules. It also helps in avoiding administration of a separate construction bid phase from wastewater treatment systems.
- Cost Effective: Construction management is cost effective because it helps in improving project team communication. Thus it helps in reducing change orders, and extra work orders. It also helps in early identification of design errors and omissions.
- Improve Water Quality and Innovation: Construction management helps in improving innovation and water quality. However, this is possible only if a dedicated design and construction team works together throughout the execution of the wastewater treatment system.
- Reduces Risk: Construction management reduces risk of any possible claim and litigations. It does so by understanding and solving water treatment system construction challenged early on.
- Experienced Business Partner: A professional construction management team brings along with them years of experience in construction and execution of wastewater plants. They offer expertise and guidance to their client in the construction process. They also ensure that the client meets all safety, environmental, community, and business goals by performing work in areas such as:
- Sediment remediation
- Remediation system design, installation and operation for Ex-situ & In-situ
- Optimization or up gradation of existing remediation systems
- Stabilization of soil for Ex-situ & In-situ
- Soil and groundwater remediation
- Demolition, closure and decontamination of facility
- Turnkey foundation for construction and design
- Shaft and tunnel for construction and design
- Application of suitable wastewater treatment technology
- Barrier construction for containment and other substances
- Barriers and land capping engineering
- Geotechnical forensic and environmental investigation and rehabilitation
Construction Management & Wastewater Treatment Plants & Technologies
The amount of agricultural, domestic and industrial wastewater released in fresh water resources has become a matter of great concern. This leads to water pollution and contamination and use of this water is detrimental to the environment, humans, animals and plants. Thus to reverse this phenomenon installing appropriate wastewater treatment plants with efficient construction management has become the need of the hour.
Wastewater treatment is a process used to clean up wastewater in order to allow reuse of treated water or control water pollution. The wastewater treatment process deployed mainly depends on the type and extent of contamination in wastewater. Wastewater treatment plants ideally remove existing water contaminants or reduce their concentration as per regulated standards. This makes water more fit for reuse or release in water resources. Functions of wastewater treatment plants include-
- Industrial wastewater treatment
- Agricultural wastewater treatment
Wastewater treatment process for the above treatment is more or less similar and a single plant facility can serve in water treatment of all kinds of waste products. However, certain processes, such as biodegradation, have been found to be less effective for wastewater that includes toxic chemicals found in industrial wastewater.
Construction Management and Wastewater Treatment Process
Wastewater treatment processes are designed to improve the water quality. Widely used terminologies include the following wastewater treatment processes-
- Preliminary Treatment: This is the first stage of treatment process, which uses screens to remove large solid inorganic matters like paper, metals and plastics. This is followed by removal of finer particles like grit and silt.
- Primary Treatment: In this stage, wastewater passes through a primary sedimentation tank where solid particles of organic material are removed from the suspension by gravity settling. The sludge collected in the tank is concentrated and pumped away for further treatment.
- Secondary Treatment: This is a biological process where naturally occurring microorganisms are used to breakdown suspended and dissolved organic solids. It is also called activated sludge process.
- Tertiary Treatment: This process uses disinfection to reduce pathogens, which pose a risk to human, and environment health.
- Sludge Treatment: Sludge collected during the treatment process contains a large amount of biodegradable material, which requires treatment by a different set of microorganisms, called anaerobic bacteria, which do not need oxygen for growth.
- Integrated Fixed-film Activated Sludge (IFAS): This process aims to reduce nitrogen in existing wastewater treatment plants.
Wastewater treatment technologies under this process depend on type of wastewater treated. However, typically a combination is selected. For any type of wastewater there is no unique wastewater treatment solution. Also, it is difficult to standardize treatment solution by categorizing wastewater from different sources. However, with proper construction management, the water treatment company will surely arrive at the most appropriate wastewater treatment process for you.
Construction Management and Wastewater Treatment Companies
Wastewater treatment companies manage wastewater from a sustainable development perspective while listening to and providing clients with appropriate solutions. Professional wastewater treatment companies strive to provide optimum treatment solutions that will make wastewater more fit for reuse. In order to do so water treatment companies place high emphasis on construction management?
Treatment of domestic, agricultural and industrial wastewater falls under the purview of public authorities. Wastewater treatment companies support and lend their expertise to all types of public authorities for superior water purification expertise. They also deploy all techniques required to ensure that wastewater treatment complies with national and international health and water quality standards.
As stated above, various wastewater treatment companies offer constructability reviews, site inspection and geotechnical support services while installing a wastewater treatment plant. These wastewater treatment companies have a construction management team that provides expert solutions while setting up wastewater treatment plants of any scale. Also professional water treatment companies provides the following:
- They offer precise responses to challenges faced by public authorities. They assist in engineering and installing customized wastewater treatment plants. They often also operate these facilities under public-private partnership contracts.
- They assist industrial clients by operating either all or part of their wastewater treatment plant.
- They offer an array of customized technological solutions to increase the performance and competitiveness of its clients.
Based on the aforementioned facts we can conclude that with efficient construction management the right wastewater treatment plant and process can be installed. Thus we at IDS Water have all the facilities and much more to connect you with right wastewater treatment companies. So what are you waiting for just browse through our directory as it will provide you with the details of numerous prospective vendors and suppliers to meet all your construction management requirements.
Tags: Construction Management, Wastewater Treatment Plant, Process, Companies, Pollution, Water Quality, Resources